Participation Age 18+
For Participation Age 9 - 12 CLICK HERE
About the competition
The objective of the Competition is to attract creative individuals and teams who have
innovative ideas. The Competition seeks to encourage individuals to think creatively; it aims
to provide the appropriate environment where creative and Innovative people can turn their
ideas into reality through Fablab UAE. The participants must pass the first and the second
assessment stages to win this Competition. At the first stage, the teams should submit the
implementation plan of their respective Innovative project, which will be reviewed and assessed
by a specialized jury. If qualified, the selected innovative projects will pass the first stage into
the implementation stage.
Qualified teams must implement their innovative projects at FabLab UAE; they must ensure that
their projects are ready to be presented to the Jury in the second phase of the assessment.
Following the judgment by the Jury, the selected innovative projects will be declared as winners,
and the winning project will marketed through different media platforms
Incentives and Rewards
• AED 20,000 Award and a certificate of appreciation will be granted to the winning
• A certificate of participation in the Competitions will be granted to all the participants.
• The outstanding innovative ideas will be sponsored in order to be turned into project,
and all the materials needed for the implementation of such projects will be provided
by FabLab UAE.
• The Competition involves an opportunity to sponsor the winning innovative projects in order to
be developed into final products to be promoted in the local and international markets.
• The winning innovative projects will be promoted in various social media channels.
How to Participate
1- Download the guideline from FabLab UAE website (www.fablabuae.ae)
2- Fill in the application form and attach the required information and documents
through the FabLab UAE page.
3- Send a soft copy of the completed application form with all the required attachments
Assessment Stages and Criteria
Criteria for the first stage (100 points)
At this stage, the innovative project implementation plan will be assessed against
the following criteria:
• The Idea (30 points): This criterion focuses on the uniqueness and applicability of
the idea, as well as the robustness of the research made on the problem which the
project seeks to solve.
• Project Planning (30 points): This criterion focuses on the quality of the action plan
developed for the implementation of the Project, and it should observe the following points:
o Time schedule for the Project implementation: which includes the tasks and the
o Materials and equipment to be used: these must be determined according to the
resources available in Fab Lab UAE (please visit the website to know the available
o Project Team: the role and tasks of each member in the team dedicated for
implementation of the project should be clarified.
o Sponsors and Marketing plan: a detailed plan for the mechanism to be adopted regarding
the marketing and promotion of the innovative project, in addition of the potential sponsors list.
• Design (20 points): This criterion measures the suitability of the illustrations of the innovative
project, which includes the innovative project structural drawings, external facades … etc.
• Presentation of the Project Implementation plan: (20 points): At this stage, the
implementation plan will be presented before a specialized jury where the innovative
projects can be nominated for the implementation phase.
Criteria for the second stage (100 points)
At this stage, the innovative project will be assessed after being implemented at FabLab UAE.
The assessment will be carried out to the following criteria:
• Implementation of the Innovative Project (40 points): This criterion refers to procedures
followed in the implementation of the Project at FabLab UAE.
• Innovation Evaluation (30 points): This criterion focuses on identifying the pros and cons
of the innovative project, the practices adopted to develop it, and the future perception
of the innovative project.
• Project Final Presentation (30 points): This criterion measure the quality and efficiency of
the final product by presenting it before the Ultimate Evaluation Committee.
Terms and Conditions
• Participant must be 18 years old and above.
• The innovative project should be a scientific idea that can be turned into a device or a
proposed automated model which can solve a specific problem
• The participants and members of the innovative project team should have different
technical skills that would help them to implement the project in Fab Lab UAE.
• The number of participants in one innovative project should not exceed 4.
• The project idea submitted by the team should observe the following:
o It can be applied in reality (realistic) and can be applied through Fab Lab UAE
o The idea must be new; not imitated nor copied, not an ownership of others, and must not
be introduced in previous editions of the Competition. The project idea must not be an
academic requirement or a graduation project.
o The idea must comply with the laws, policies and ethics of the United Arab Emirates.
o The idea must observe the orientations of the Country such as: conservation of the
environment, rationality, sustainability, energy preservation ..etc.
o The idea must involve the opportunity to be turned into a product, and must be
acceptable and adoptable by the Government institutions if offered to them.
• The application form must be filled out, and must include the following particulars:
o Participant’s personal details
o The curriculum vitae of the Project team
o The undertaking.
o The plan of the Innovative project
o A copy of the Emirates ID.
• Applications must be submitted through FabLab UAE website. For any inquiries,
please contact: email@example.com.
30 January 2020
Deadline for application
10-29 February / 2020
First Assessment phase
01 Mar / 2020 -- 30 Apr / 2020
Innovative Projects Implementation Phase
03-28 May 2020
Second Assessment Phase
Announcement of Winning Projects
& Honoring ceremony
Note: These dates are subject to be change according to the developments.